Most Recent Podcast:

11.14.2011

News Roundup 11/14/11

Ok, a little different than our original posts, but I didn't want to clutter up the front page with several posts in the span of an hour. So, here goes:

- The NBA Player's Union has rejected the latest league offer and is in the process of disbanding the union so that they can sue the NBA in an anti-trust suit. In related news, people still don't care. Good luck playing overseas where the players actually know how to play defense gents.

- The Hunger Games movie trailer debuted today! Based on the popular series by Suzanne Collins; this movie is expected to be one of the biggest blockbusters of 2012. I don't have any snarky remarks for this, I loved the series.

- A study released in early publication from The Lancet shows very promising results from stem cell treatments following heart failure in patients. The article was later reported on by CNN. In this study the stem cell treatments actually REGREW HEART TISSUE! Trust me folks, I'm almost a doctor who has stayed in a Holiday Inn at some point, this is groundbreaking. Researchers are confident that there is hope for the millions of people who wish to recover heart function without learning the true meaning of Christmas.

- Last, as long as you "totally respect women" you are incapable of sexual harassment. Whew, I'm glad that's all behind us now and we can focus on the real Herman Cain. Like, his total lack of foreign policy. Heck, how about his total lack of respect for foreign nations. "And when they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan, I'm going to say you know, I don't know. Do you know?"

Whew, that' sit for today folks. Stay tuned for an original post to the tune of "Something Smart People Despise" in the very near future as I undertake a literary venture that will test the limits of my ability to tolerate inanity. Oh, and if you haven't done so, check out the podcast.

This post originally appeared on Stuff Smart People Like. Subscribe to the Podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment