Happy President's Day! What's that you say, "a day to honor US Presidents in which I am forced to find a baby sitter for my children, who have the day off of school and pay my bills late because the financial institutions are closed? That most sacred day of days?" Yep, and traditionally you may also find great deals (ABC News)!
However, if you're in the mood for a real humdinger of a celebration, we are here to help. Pack in folks, little ones in the front. Make sure everyone can see. Hands and arms at a 90 degree angle on your keyboards, and off we go.
- Our first stop is Mental Floss where we try to Name All the Presidents in 8 Minutes. Prove to the world that you have what it takes to fail to name the only 43 people to lead our great nation!
- Then we head over to C-SPAN to see the most recent Survey of Presidential Leadership to see if that one you missed was a biggie (if it's Washington, you may now exit the bus.)
- Round about now, you could probably use break. Great chance to put on your specs and read for a few. Check out Article II of the US Constitution, while we rest at the National Archives. Yes, it's the part that sets up the Executive Branch and the Office of President. No, I have no idea how they chose which words to capitalize.
- Enough lollygagging. Ditch the frames you four-eyed nerds, let's stop off at National Geographic to get the rundown on Presidential Trivia. Who was the first president to see a baseball game? Find out here!
- I know what you're thinking, "Taft couldn't be that big could he? Let me see a picture." On it, last stop WhiteHouse.gov to see a slideshow featuring portraits of each Commander-in-Chief.
There you have it kiddies, a brief tour, a few laughs and a cyber-bucket full of Presidential memories. Feel free to share a bit of what you learned in the comments below.